The Lake County Visitors Bureau has awarded $83,900 to a variety of groups from theater productions, concert series and festivals as part of its annual Arts and Culture grants.
A group of ten judges graded the applications based on a set of guidelines in categories such as: value to the county’s tourism industry, quality of management and quality of the arts and cultural project.
The grants ranging from $1,000 to $7,000 will support art and culture programs throughout Lake County.
This year, of 19 submitted grant applications for programs, 17 were awarded funding.
The projects that will receive grant money include:
• Blue Sky Folk Festival, $3,000
• City of Mentor for Mentor Rocks! 2017 Season, $6,300
• Painesville Community Improvement Corporation for Party in the Park, $7,000
• James A. Garfield National Historic Site for An Evening with Edgar Allen Poe, $5,000
• Lake Erie Dart Association for 2017 Lake Erie Classic, $3,000
• National Model Railroad Association for Railfest 2018, $5,000
• Our Heritage, Our Home for Ohio Celtic Festival, $5,000
• The Fine Arts Association for The 2017 Resonaz Singing Artist Festival, $7,000
• The Holden Arboretum for Goblins in the Garden, $2,700
• The Rabbit Run Community Arts Association for Quilter – The Ties that Bind, $5,000
• Wickliffe Italian-American Club for Bocce Tournament & Italian Cultural Festival, $5,000
• City of Painesville for Party On Main, $4,900
• Downtown Painesville Organization for Holiday Tour of Homes, $3,200
• Madison Joint Recreation District for Septemberfest, $4,800
• The Lakeland Foundation for Lakeland Community College’s 46th Annual Jazz Festival, $5,000
• Western Reserve Railoroad Association Inc. for the Railroad Memorabilia Show, $5,000
• Willoughby Western Chamber of Commerce for the 26th Annual Downtown Willoughby Artsfest, $5,000
In total, the Lake County Visitors Bureau Arts and Culture Fund awarded $83,900 in 2017, and since the inception of the grant program, over $750,000 has been awarded to various organizations. These grants are funded by a percentage of the annual bed tax generated in Lake County.
To learn more about the Arts and Culture Fund, visit www.lakevisit.com